Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Pete's Narrative Yarn: A new blogger site?

I am contemplating starting a new textile-driven blog.  But do I really need another blogger account to separate my Triathlon life from my Craft life?  Plus, I can't come up with a clever title. I think that there is already a blog out there called "Purls of Wisdom." 

Anyway, it is winter, ergo I am knitting again.  I really like this Echo's Wedges Muffler from lucy:

I am experimenting with short rows to see if I can duplicate this scarf without a pattern. Even though it is sold out at lucy, I wouldn't pay $40 for it. Unfortunately, my experiments come out wavy and I can't get straight sides.  I need to tinker with the ratio of stitches and short rows to make a narrower wedge. It's times like these that I wish that I could afford the pattern software.

I would appreciate any suggestions on stitch to short-row ratio and color combinations.


1 comments:
Runner NYC said...
I can't help with knitting, but I do want to say that I love the logo! Hopefully, that's all behind you now and you're staying upright on the bike! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment